1 lb. ground round
1 (15oz.) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
1 (10oz.) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 ½ cups (6oz.) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1) Cook meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary and return to skillet.
2) Add tomato sauce, & cook until heated.
3) While meat cooks, coat a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough, & press into bottom & halfway up sides of baking dish.
4) Top bottom of crust with meat mixture. Bake uncovered at 425 for 12 minutes.
5) Top with cheese, & bake 5 minutes or until crust is browned & cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings
Variations: If you have trouble finding the chunky Italian-style tomato sauce, we used a drained 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano with an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano.
If you use any vegetables, add them with the tomato sauce. On the show, we used mushrooms.
Also on the show, we added Canadian Bacon on top of the meat mixture before we put it in the oven. You can also use sliced pepperoni.