Monday - Friday
1:00 PM- 4:00 PM
Wesley House Staff
Ellie Foster, Pastor & Executive Director
Casey Brown, Administrative Assistant
Alberta DeBoutez, Catholic Charities Social Worker
Wesley House, established in 1982, is an outreach ministry of First Methodist Church in Pittsburg , Kansas . Its food pantry provides supplemental assistance to eligible persons throughout Crawford County .
Among other services, Wesley House provides free fellowship meals, aid to homeless persons, including showers, laundry, free telephone, supplies for babies, a weekly free medical clinic staffed by pre-med students and volunteer physicians.
Seasonal programs include free fans, children's summer food program, school supplies, shoes and jeans, and Christmas baskets.
Wesley House works in collaboration with other agencies and secular organizations throughout the area. As a United Way agency, Wesley House utilizes those funds to supplement other donations received throughout the year. Funds are used to purchase bulk items for the food pantry and support other ongoing programs for the agency.
Through a partnership with Catholic Charities, Wesley House is home to a full-time licensed social worker, providing a wide variety of in-depth social and case management services.
Wesley House seeks to:
- provide emergency assistance to persons in need
- serve as an advocate
- serve as a place of worship and fellowship
- be ecumanically conscious.
Wesley House offers:
- supplemental food assistance
- miscellaneous household personal products, soap, toothpaste, laundry soap, misc.)
- advocacy and referral (for tough situations)
- free supper (Thursdays, 5:00pm)
- seasonal assistance (fans in summer, school supplies, Christmas baskets)
- public telephone (free local calls)
- showers (soap and towels provided)
- a place to fellowship with old and new friends.
- Sunday School 9:30 AM
- Fellowship 10:30 AM
- Worship 11:00 AM
Everyone is welcome to participate in Wesley House's religious programs, but no one is required to do so in order to receive assistance.
Free Medical Clinic on Tuesdays from 4:30 - 5:00 for those without insurance or a medical card. No appointment needed.
Catholic Charities provides a Licensed Social Worker who offers advocacy services, assists with crisis management, and provides referral services to other agencies.