Mother’s Day French Toast
- 6 to 8 servings
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1-pound) loaf egg bread (challah), cut into eight 1-inch slices
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and cinnamon; mix well.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip each bread slice in the egg mixture then cook 2 to 4 minutes, until golden on both sides, turning halfway through cooking, and adding the remaining butter to the skillet as needed.
- Cut the French toast in half diagonally and serve with your favorite topping.
My favorite topping for French toast is Vanilla Butter Maple Syrup. In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup maple syrup, 3 tablespoons butter, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter has melted and the syrup is warmed through. And don’t stop there! Try this yummy topping on your favorite pancakes or waffles, too!