4 to 6 servings
This flavor-packed Asian-inspired marinade is all it takes to turn ordinary flank steak into extraordinary flank steak. You can make it in the broiler or on the grill so, rain or shine, the marriage of these flavors will always guarantee you raves!
- 1 cup prepared teriyaki marinade
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-1/2- to 2-pound) beef flank steak
- In a medium bowl, combine the teriyaki marinade, onion, honey, orange juice, rosemary, sesame oil, garlic, and pepper; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade in a small bowl; set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score both sides of steak in a crisscross pattern. Add steak to medium bowl, turning to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate 30 minutes in refrigerator, turning once.
- Preheat oven to broil. Remove steak from marinade; discard excess marinade. Place steak on a rimmed baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes; turn steak and continue broiling for another 6 to 7 minutes for medium doneness.
- Place the reserved 1/2 cup marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, to serve as a sauce.
- Meanwhile, place steak on a cutting board and cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Transfer to a serving platter and spoon heated sauce over slices, as desired.
It's easy to make this look fancy! Just garnish with orange slices and rosemary sprigs.