JOPLIN, MO.---The fire broke out just before 7:30 tonight at the Park Apartments on Campbell Parkway. Fire officials say a blaze inside a fire place got out of control and started spreading to the rest of the apartment. Crews were able to arrive 3 minutes after the call came in and extinguished the flames in just half an hour.
"Obviously a quick response from crews helped minimize the damage," states Mitch Randles, Joplin Fire Chief.
The person living inside the apartment was able to escape unharmed, no other injuries were reported. Crews say the apartment suffered serious smoke and water damage.