JOPLIN, MO.--- Anderson's Ice Cream originally opened in 1936, Anderson's operated in Joplin until the late 1990's. Recently, Billy Garrigan decided it was time to bring the local favorite back. He purchased much of the original equipment, and found an employee of the original ice cream shop to teach him the recipe. Today, he was presented with a proclamation from the Missouri house representatives for keeping the Anderson's tradition going. Anderson's Ice Cream is now located inside the Candy House in Redings Mill.